Monday, December 12, 2011

What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



I called him back a couple hours later and he didn't answer so I left him a message saying hi and told him what was new in my life and school, and I told him that I was leaving to go back home in one month.



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call? Should I see her before I leave to go back home?What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
Her Dad sounds like these ultra chilled out Dads who have no problem with anything, because they have no problems in trusting their children.



Since you mentioned that you all used to go out together, he must've gotten fond of you, and jus called to chek on how you doing, which in my opinion, is very considerate on the part of her Dad. And thinks you were and still are good for his daughter.



And about your gurlfriend, all i can say that she comes from a good family with considerate parents.

she may or may not be asking them to get intouch with you, but that doesnt really matter,



thing that matters is.. that you show your respect to her father by just going and meetin him casually for old times sake.



No harm in doing so...

And you can see her as well.. forget the past and live for the present and the future.. both of u are happy now...so no harm in meeting her too ...



Go ahead...What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
It sounds like her dad really loves his daughter and is concerned the way her life is going... He probably did that without her knowing so I would just make it a point to see your ex when you get home and see whats up with her... but i wouldn't let it known her dad called you.. he may just be working solo on this...



Sound desperate by calling him? He called you and you have had no contact.. Thats not desperate... Call him back and be more direct.. ask about her and if there is anything you can do to help...
just go see her and say ';hi';,see what gonna happen(you want to see her anyway),that's it.

it's now or never!

No comments:

Post a Comment