Monday, December 12, 2011

What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



I called him back a couple hours later and he didn't answer so I left him a message saying hi and told him what was new in my life and school, and I told him that I was leaving to go back home in one month.



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call? Should I see her before I leave to go back home?What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
dude,



play it cool man, your doing fine. Just relax. Wait for him to call back, dont get your hopes up, he might just be seeing if your okay and doing fine or ur ex has a pride issue with calling you herself so is sending her dad cus she knows she made a mistake breaking up with you.



Good move not to call back twice, you definately don't want to seem desperate. Don't act sad or sound depressed, sound happy and like you have moved on. Don't ask about ur ex unless he brings it up if he does just ask how shes doing and follow his lead.



play it cool man, play it cool.What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
maybe she told her dad to call because she wants to see how your doing. maybe you should try giving her a call since it seems like you still have lingering feelings for her. good luck hun!
You better swallow your pride and call her dad back, before its too late. Then you will have peace knowing you tried.
I think you need to find out why he called. I do not think that you can have an action plan till you have more information. Something could have happened to your ex and he wants you to know. Instead of coming out and saying it he is taking the slow route? I would still reserve judgment and just ask him the reason for his call and that you do not feel like it is just to say hi due to the amount of time that has passed.
This is what u should do! First you shouldn't be posting up this question on yahoo! Because if you really love her you would follow your heart. Good Luck!
hmmmmmm



so her dad called you



you said you and he were friends



why didn't ask him why he was calling you, then chat about that



if he says she moved on or something, maybe leave her some room, why get your broke twice?



if he says she is lonely and was asking about you, then call her maybe
Sounds like you still care about her and her family. I would call one more time before you leave to go home. Who knows, maybe she misses you, maybe there is family news the dad thought you'd want to know about. Either way, it doesn't sound like you go the closure you were seeking and this could be that chance. Call. What have you got to loose?
There can any number of reasons why and we can sit here all day and still not go through all of the scenarios...The only thing you can do is live your life like you have been...stay busy and just wait for a call back from him...it doesn't sound like she is the mastermind behind this...if I were to guess I would say maybe her father doesn't like her current choice in men and wants to see if you might want to be back in the picture...or he genuinely cares about you...



My ex's dad gave me a buttload of crap after we broke up...I got a new coffee table BBQ BBQ utility set DVD player and a washer and dryer...his daughter got squat and was sooo pissed I got everything...but he really liked me and could see why his daughter was a bi-atch...



Bottom line, I think you should act as though nothing happened...if they want to talk to you they'll call back...



take care
I can guess one of two things.



1. shes pregnant and he wants to find you



2. he thinks she was better off with you and wants you back in her life. She may or may not agree with his action.



If you want to get back together with her this sounds like an approach, but you may get hurt again if the girl isnt behind it .

No comments:

Post a Comment