Monday, December 12, 2011

What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



I called him back a couple hours later and he didn't answer so I left him a message saying hi and told him what was new in my life and school, and I told him that I was leaving to go back home in one month.



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call? Should I see her before I leave to go back home?What does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
well it sounds like he likes you i'm not talking in a gay way maybe he thinks your good for his daughter perhaps while you've been a way she has been depressed or felt she made the wrong choice or fallen in with the wrong people that he doesn't like or respect



obviously as he is calling you after six months he respects you as a person and maybe liked what was happening with his daughter



maybe he's just checking up on you to make sure your ok as you said his daughter broke your heart and you left without a word in 6 months



i would definitley give him a call back if he doesn't call again in a week or so just to check on the situation there depending on whether you want to go back to her or not you still shared a pretty close relationship with her and her family maybe her father feels she made a mistake



ie the only way to know what he wanted is to call him back and find out and then you can make a more informed decision on what to do after thatWhat does it mean if your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
First of all, get it out of your mind that his call had anything to do with her. That said, severe all ties and move on. You don't need this distraction right now! You responded to his message, now change your number! Talking to the dad (unless you two were serious buddies, going fishing, etc) will only delay the healing process!
Quite a story with many solutions.



One plausible explanation is that perhaps the daughter has changed over the past 6 months and has begun becoming someone she's really not. Her father, not liking this change, calls you up because when you two were together, she was normal.



Second plausible explanation is that the father just really wants to talk, perhaps just so he can get to know his own daughter better.



Also, i don't know what happened between you two, but take my word for it, a relationship ends for a reason, and it doesn't take just one person to change, it requires both. Mostly all relationships don't understand that simple rule and they simply repeat the future. If she really wants to get back together, be sure to state how you feel and take her feelings in consideration too. See where you two went wrong and thrive from there.



Good luck.
are u mad? who is going to read all this..........
The good part of a relationship is that you are not only a part of your girlfriend's life, but that of her family's and it is a big bonus if they like you and welcome you into the fold. The tough part is that when you break up, you sort of break up with the family as well.



You and your GF's father was close, and I would not read too much into his calling you. Obviously, he liked you and despite the fact that you are no longer seeing his daughter, he liked you, saw you as a friend, and is just concerned and wondering about how you are doing, etc.



I would not be against speaking to him, and just letting him know you are okay, how's school, etc. You can ask him how your ex is doing, but I would just keep it in general terms, do not ask anything about her personal life or who she may be seeing, etc.



I have been in the same situation, and it was almost as hard ';breaking up'; with my ex's father as it was with my GF. He grew on me and I liked and respected him immensely. My ex and I are still cordial and speak once in a while, so I ask how her father and her family is doing.



As for contacting your ex, If you want to, call her independently from speaking to her father. I do not know the terms of your breakup (cordial or somewhat violent/angry), but keep the call general, and let her know that you are interested in how she is doing and let her know of your future plans. I would not put too much hope into a reconcilliation or anything at this point however.



Good Luck.
  • black hair care
  • data into xsds
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment