Monday, December 12, 2011

What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father, I didn't have a chance to answer because I was on my way to class when he called. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months. Not even on my birthday Thanksgiving Christmas or New Years. God knows I wanted to call them and wish them all the best.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call? Should I see her before I leave to go back home?What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
It seems pretty obvious to me, but I'm a girl. She feels she has made a mistake and wants to slowly patch things up. Things are probrably not going so good for her and she wants to see if the realtionship breakup has done anything to you. She had her father call ';just to talk'; then she'll soon be doing the same and then asking to be together with you again. She realizes she needs you and shouldnt have thrown away something so valuable. Call her father back and talk if you want to see how things go from there.



BEST WISHES!!! (If you want her back)What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
If you were close with the family the dad could be calling just on a personal/friendly base to see how you were doing as he said. I wouldn't think too much of it until you talked to him and found out what his intentions really were.



Good luck!
I'm thinking that her father thinks your marriage material and that he is wishing his daughter would get back together with you. Be careful, if she screwed you over before don't call her simply b/c her father called you.
Maybe the breakup hit her harder than you thought and he's contacting you about it?
Return his call and find out what he wants.



And no, you shouldn't see her.. if she initiated the breakup then it's her who needs to initiate contact with you.
Yea i think she told him to call you
I would call her dad back and see what he wanted. I would give him the opportunity to share any info that he may be supposed to pass on to you. My exes mom called my cell the other day. Haven't heard from any of them in about 8 months. She didn't leave a message though and she never called back. I thought maybe she called my number by mistake. I can't stop thinking about it though...weird... must be something in the air huh? good luck.
i mean he could be callin for his daugther or himself, i mean thats if yall was cool before you and your gurl broke up. there is nothin wrong with you keepin in touch with her family , as long as you are over her. but at the same time if you think yall could probably work things out again then call her up
She may have told him to call or she may have been talking about you alot and missing you and he decided to call for her or maybe he thought alot you of and wanted to make sure you were doing okay you should call hI'm I'm sure he will tell you why he was calling im sure he will let you know how she is doing and also it was thoughtful of him to call you -good luck !
she could have just had your baby.

or.. she's about ready to have your baby.
That depends on how close you were with her father before the break up, he could just be calling on his own free will and he could be calling for (his daughter) your ex girl friend... I think the only way you will ever know is to call her dad back and talk to him, your both adults and you should communicate and ask him directly why am I suddenly hearing from you after 6 months of nothing? But ask yourself first, was the break up something you did, or did she just need a break to see where her heart really stood with you? Will this eat at you if you left this summer and never called, or could you live with that decision if you didn't ever find out why he called? It can go either way and you need to decide, because you are the one that will have to live with what choices you make here...

Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment