Monday, December 12, 2011

What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



I called him back a couple hours later and he didn't answer so I left him a message saying hi and told him what was new in my life and school, and I told him that I was leaving to go back home in one month.



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call? Should I see her before I leave to go back home?What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
well there must of been a reason that her father called you other then finding out hows your life been after the breakup



her dad did try call you but left a message for you and that you tryed calling him but he didnt pick up.....he wont think your desprate your just returning a call back....... there might be somthing going on with his daughter thats why he called....



you want to see his daughter before you leave to go back home go see her......think about what i have said tell me what happend and that you decided to doWhat does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls you 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
if you need any more advice you can come to me any time i hope i have helped you.....tell me what you have decided to do

Report Abuse


maybe she is so much hurt that his dad is worried
well, broke up never mean become your enemy.. if u want to see him just go. it's okay. very normal. about his dad calling, i think that signal there is something he wants to speak to you.....
You answered his call. Don't do anything now. Let him make the next move. You still don't know what he is thinking.
He might have been calilng u to talk about his daughter. mabye she is f*king up and he wishes you two would be back togheter. no way to knwo for sure, but i can see why your curios !! keep on trying to call him back and find out wahts going on !
No need to speculate on why he called. You've known him for those 2 years. Go have a man to man talk and find out just why he called.
I called my son's ex-girlfriend after about 6 months because she and I got on so well during the relationship that I was worried about how she was coping.

3 years later we still keep contact and see each other as friends. My son is now in a serious relationship and the ex is in a serious relationship, but her and I are still close.

Were you and the ex's father close or maybe got along well?

From my experience I would say that he is missing you and still wants to be in contact with you. Give him a call, I love being able to be apart of my son's ex life because she was like a daughter to me. Maybe he feels the same. I don't think young people realise that their parents grow to care about their child's partner (he or she becomes another child to them) All the best, I hope you are able to contact him and chat.
  • healthy hair
  • excel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment