Friday, November 19, 2010

Guys: Would you break up with your girlfriend when she tells you she's depressed?

If you had a girlfriend who came out and told you that she thinks she has depression, would it bother you and break up with her?



I came out to my boyfriend yesterday that I think I have depression, and he just said that I'm just making excuses. He later admit that he was too harsh when he said that, and he sat down with me and talked. I probably shocked him when I told him that and he didn't know how to handle it, but then I knew that he must have felt bad when he said that I was just making excuses.



So, what I'm asking is when women admits she might have depression, does the guy look at her as being not confident and would try to find someone else?



I know this may be very silly or stupid when I say this but I'm afraid that my boyfriend may think of me that way. I'm afraid that I might of made him uneasy and he doesn't want to be with me.



He was hugging me when I was crying and he was telling me that everything will be alright, but I still don't know what is going through his mind.



I love him very much and I don't want to lose him.Guys: Would you break up with your girlfriend when she tells you she's depressed?
I told my boyfriend about my depression and he was very very supportive and helpful. But I think he already knew about it.

He helps me during my really down moments and tries to make me avoid them at all costs. If anyone doesn't want to be with you because of a problem you have that isn't your fault, then they're not worth it at all.Guys: Would you break up with your girlfriend when she tells you she's depressed?
It would upset me, but if I loved her I would never break up with her for such a silly reason. I would try and cheer her up.
i agree with will above me it would a bit but i would just try and help you
It would make me sad, but still, I'd help my girlfriend with it every step of the way. =D
i'm not a guy, but i say no.

you shouldn't break up with a girl just becuase she tells you she's depressed. It just means that she feels comfortable enough to tell you her feelings.

but if she's always depressed and stuff, it would be reasonable to break up with her
**** yoiu!!!!
I'd guess it would depend on his level of maturity. If you two are young, he might leave you; only because he may be too immature to handle it. If he sees you as a long term relationship (possible wife material) then I believe he'd be quick to over look this. Whether he leaves or stays is out of your hands though. If you are depressed, you need to seek medical help. Would he leave you if he found out you had diabetes?



Regardless of how he reacts,I think you should speak with a therapist. Speaking from experience, they actually do a lot of good. I'm also married to a psychiatrist (no I was never her patient) and I've been shocked at how depression can be treated.
everybody reacts to this sort of thing differently. I've dated several girls that have been officially diagnosed with depression, a few with severe depression. I've always stuck by them and tried to help when/where I can but it does sometimes make things hard. If he truly loves you he'd help you learn to cope with it.
I highly doubt a Decent boyfriend would do that. Depending on his level of maturity. If you guys were young, then the thought of this big task in ';Helping'; you could scare him. Then again if you guys are older, and talking about marriage, i'm sure your boyfriend would be willing to overlook your problem, and help you get through it. This is the least you need to worry about. I sort of went through the same thing but versus. My boyfriend came to me, and told me that he was really stressed about so much stuff in his life, and that he was falling into depression. I'm still with him, and i've made him happier as a person. I would never have broken up with him because of that. And someone who really cares for you, wouldn't do something like that in your time of need. If he does, Then you don't need him anyways. Someone who is selfish, and ignorant about your problem. The best advice i can give to you, is talk to him about your feelings. As corny as that may sound, it helps. Bring it up to him one day while hanging out. Tell him what you think, and see his reaction. You will know what he means by it, and if he's going to end the realtionship by his words and actions about your feelings. Good luck with your problem, and your boyfriend! Hang in there.
You have nothing to be afraid about. If he loves you, he will stand by you no matter what. It is a test of not only his love for you, but his character also, which when we are in a relationship, we get so biased towards the man/woman in our life, we forget to see them or question their values or certain traits, that ultimately come back to trouble us in the relationship. I can understand him being a little taken aback, maybe it is out of not knowing how to handle the moment, but if he is a good man, he will think this through and stand by you. Else you have to question why was he in it. in the first place? just for a good time? then hun you are better off without a man like that, because life is full of all kinds of good and bad, and you need a partner strong enough to stand by both such tides.hope this helps. And be strong, Maybe God send this feeling to you, as a test of time for your relationship itself. Take it as a blessing, and I hope everything works out for the best for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment