Friday, November 19, 2010

Is breaking up with your girlfriend for the sake of your career okay?

I have been dating a girl five months but now my work hours have increased and we only see each other about once a week. I am no longer happy in the relationship as it is more of a hassle to see her than it is a pleasure. Is breaking up for the sake of your career okay? If so, how should I approach this one? I know she will feel that it is sudden because I have not given her a forewarning but I can't go on like this.Is breaking up with your girlfriend for the sake of your career okay?
Yes it is. If you have personal goals then you should pursue them. Your personal goals can be to make ';X'; amount of money per year or to reach a certain level within the company where you work.



Perhaps after you;ve reached certain personal goals you can go back to dating and/or develop your relationships with the understanding that you have a lot of time devoted to your career and so anyone wanting a relationship with you needs to understand the circumstances or be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment