Sunday, November 21, 2010

What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls your 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?

My ex-girlfriend and I broke up in September of 2006 and since then we have not been in contact since. I have not heard a single word from her. We were in a relationship for 2 years and 15 days and when we broke up I lost contact with her and her family.



But this past Wednesday, I received a call from her father, I didn't have a chance to answer because I was on my way to class when he called. He left me a voicemail, saying he ';was just wondering how I was doing, if I was still going to school in the city, talk to you later.';



Why would he be calling me now? I mean, I haven't heard from him or his daughter who broke my heart in over 6 months. Not even on my birthday Thanksgiving Christmas or New Years. God knows I wanted to call them and wish them all the best, but I didn't have the guts.



Before the breakup there was mention of me transferring to another school, and in one month I have to go back to Arkansas for the summer. Could my ex have told him to call?



p.s. she's not pregnantWhat does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls your 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
He misses you....



I mean, it shouldn't be unusual. Afterall, you were with his daughter for 2 years and 15 days. I've only been with my girlfriend for 10 months and her dad calls just to say what's up when i don't go over for a few days. I dont think it is a weird thing at all. He tells me that if me and my love ever break up he would still want me to call or he would call me just to see how things are going.



Call him back and say hi, and don't mention the fact that you couldn't answer cause you were in class. Just call and say you were calling to say hi....



Good luck!!!What does it mean when your ex-girlfriend's dad calls your 6 months after the break up ';just to talk';?
obviously her family is still thinking about you. they love you like you loved her. they miss you and wish for her to get back with you. call him back and let him know what you think, and get more details about his daughter!

Report Abuse


Well I'm not sure if your ex told him to call, it is possible though. He could just care on his own. You were in a relationship with his daughter for 2 years.



Call him back. Make the effort.
call him back and find out.
When you date someone for 2 years you become part of their life and their family to some extent. It doesn't just end, those feelings don't. It sounds like you all want to have a little contact and no one knows how to do it so dad stepped in. Call him back, let him know what is going on with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment